Sunday, July 31, 2011

A Brave Little Boy | Children's Photographer CHOP Philadelphia, PA

This is a very special post, near and dear to my heart.  A couple weeks ago I was blessed to be able to travel to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) to photograph Weston- the bravest 4 year old I know- in his hospital room.

I am very good friends with his mother and father (two of the strongest people I have ever known), and I just adore Weston and his five other siblings.  Yes, that is right, he has FIVE siblings, plus, they are the sweetest children.  This little guy's mommy has been my friend since my high school days- at this point I am thinking over half my life!

Weston has been at CHOP since June.  He has several heart issues, as well as low functioning lungs (my layman's terms).  He is currently listed as a 1A on the heart/lung transplant list, putting him amongst the top of the list.  Typically the wait time is approximately 2 years.  Hopefully he will sooner, rather than later, see a brand-spankin' new heart and lungs, so he can run around and be the coolest, healthy little 4 year old.

You can read more about Weston's story on his CaringBridge site, as well as follow along with the updates on his progress. 

Julie, Weston's mom asked me to come down and take some "feature pictures" after an especially difficult week for him.  I was honored that she asked me to capture these innocent, boyish little features, as well as document two brothers- the best of friends.

I hope you enjoy these as much as I was moved taking them.


  

Be Blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment