Monday, April 21, 2014

Project Save the Shot | West Shore Family Photographer Hershey, Pa

Here it is:  The First Project Save the Shot 2014 image!

It happens to be my own image. :)

In case you missed the original post about Project Save the Shot 2014- check it out HERE!

Yesterday, our extended family hosted an Easter egg hunt for the littles in the family (okay, okay, our littles, since they are the only ones small enough!).

I was so excited to chase my kiddos around, capturing the excitement of the moment!

Well, at one point Arlowe, my son [he's 16 months old and swift on his feet- oh, who am I kidding- he is a beast! ;) ] found an egg and slowly looked up at me with the most adorable little smile (mama is a sucker for that smile- go ahead and say it!).

He had just moved into a darker, shaded area of the yard, I didn't want to miss the moment (plus I knew I was shooting in RAW manual), so I made a split second decision to not pre-lighten in camera, instead opting to catch his sweet smile.

Well, I knew this would be the perfect first image for Project Save the Shot.  It will show you just how much can be done post processing to help save a sweet little image you have!

I needed to do the following:
Lighten the exposure
Smooth his skin tones
Remove the red chapped/sunburned cheeks (thanks to a windy previous day!)
Crop

Here is the final product:


What do y'all think?

Be sure to email us your Project Save the Shot images- we will post 1 per week, as the roll in!

Be Blessed, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment